• Admin

Look Back at the Kizomba Pool Parties!

We recently concluded with the LAST Edition of the popular KIZOMBA POOL PARTY and here are things you might want to know from the series! If you havent attended any of the parties, there are reasons why you will regret missing them all.

As a pioneer of Kizomba in India, we at Salsa Madras started with the concept of KIZOMBA POOL PARTY as the first and one of its kind event in India to make learning more fun and also to add more fun and craziness to it! The idea of the event is to expose and create awareness of Kizomba to dancers in the city and away through an open level workshop which caters to both starters and Intermediate dancers alike. Everytime the workshop is made sure the basics are touched and new moves are covered to help strengthen the basics and also help increase the repertoire of moves.

The workshop was followed by Afro & Latin Music, with loads of Kizomba, Kuduro, Salsa, Bachata, Merengue,.etc to dance for. The dancers get to use the pool during the party making it a really crazy event everytime! Eitherways it always got crazier with fun in the pool, dancing by the pool and with all the fun kuduro animations!

5 parties in one year attended by over 140 people from Chennai predominantly, also dancers from France, Canada, Morocco, Spain, Netherlands and Nepal.

This makes Chennai the biggest Kizomba Community in India & one of the fastest growing Kizomba Communities in Asia!

Thanks to Infosys, Chennai & La Casita for extending the support. Thanks to Makka studios, Madanmohan Rao for the pics and videos.

Dates of the events as follows.

  • June 21, 2014

  • July 19, 2014

  • Dec 28, 2014

  • Mar 14, 2015

  • May 30, 2015

The event had some loyal supporters! The list of those who attended more than once are mentioned below and I feel very thankful for their interest and support!

Double Damaka

  • Kash Dolma

  • Madhuri

  • Ardha

  • Madhusoodhanan

  • Harini Ganesan

  • Anusha Balasubramanian

  • Lokesh Ambicapathy

  • Krishna D Ganapathy

  • Dinesh Karthik

Triple Treat

  • Tajmal

  • Karthik Prasad

  • Amrita

  • Izaskñ

  • Hari Prasath

  • Bobby Thajay

Fantastic Four

  • Bonny Avanoor

  • Yogesh Yogi

  • Subha Lakshmi

Super Five

  • Manasir

  • Richard

  • Vijay Balaji

One year full of fun and learning comes to an end! All good things come to an end, just so new things can arise again!

#kizomba #poolparty #salsamadras #poolparty #chennai #gateway

  • Facebook Basic
  • Twitter Basic
  • YouTube Basic